Sunday, May 10, 2009

There's Lovin' in the Mailbox

First up, we have another Markakis card, this one is a 2009 Topps Finest Green Refractor that I obtained in a trade with Sports Card Info. He had posted a Finest box break last weekend, and as soon as I saw this card, I had to have it. Luckily for me, a trade was arranged, and I sent an '08 Allen & Ginter Ryan Howard relic out immediately. As you may have read on previous posts, I am pretty impressed with the design of this years Finest release, and am definitely glad to add yet another Markakis card to my collection. Many thanks to Sports Card Info!


Up next is Hall of Famer and famous knuckleballer Hoyt Wilhelm. This puts me one card closer to completing the '59 Topps O's team set, and is by far in the finest condition of any vintage card in my collection. The corners are sharp, and aside from being a little off center, this card looks great! Even though this doesn't really matter to me, it's nice when something arrives in the mail and exceeds expectations, especially when it's purchased on eBay. Wilhelm threw a no-hitter as an Oriole, which is pretty cool in and of itself, but the fact that said no hitter was against the Yankees makes it just plain special.


I should have the '59 O's set fairly close to completion once the lot I won on eBay this morning arrives in the mail. It's 27 cards, and I think something like 22 or 23 of them will be new to me. If anyone is interested in some of the doubles, please let me know, I will happily trade them away.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with finishing that '59 set!! I'm working on the last two cards for my 1969 Padres set (their inaugural year).

    ReplyDelete