Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Turk-Off Packs 5 & 6


I'm sure glad that I had a lead going into these 2 packs. Otherwise, I'd feel pretty damn badly about myself right about now.

PACK 5:

#164 Jorge Posada base: -1pt. I've always hated this guy. He has a face like one of the ferrets from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

#147 Joe Mauer base: 2pts. He's no Matt Weiters, but I'll take the 2 points anyway.

#37 Edgar Renteria base: 0pts
#30 Barry Bigheaded Bonds base: 0pts
#ARHR325 ARod Road to 500 HR #325: -3pts. The Commish has ruled. This card is crap, and is worth nothing. I hate this card!

#158 Jeff Kent base: 0pts (This jerk should be worth negative points)
#21 Adam Dunn base: 0pts
#178 Magglio Ordonez base: 0pts

Total for pack 5: -2 pts


PACK 6:
This is where things REALLY get ugly.
#10 Jimmy Rollins base: 0pts
#44 Bill Hall base: 0pts, and a double.
#92 Homer Bailey base: 0pts and another double.
#18 BJ Upton: 0pts
#162: Troy Glaus base: 0pts
#39 Micah Owings base: 0pts
#88 Tim Lincecum base: 0pts
#130 David Ortiz base: 0pts. The largest man not to be worth any points in this set.

Total for pack 6: ZERO points

Well that sucked. We'll have to wait and see how my not-so-worthy adversary fares with his packs before the scoreboard can be updated, but it's not looking too good for the bearded wonder. About the only thing that can salvage at least 1 victory here is a favorable ruling on the ARod card, or an extremely poor showing by Motherscratcher, and I mean poorer than his other poor showings have been thus far.

5 comments:

  1. That arod card should be -5 for being such a crappy insert in an awesome set. Oh yeah, um -5*3 =-15 for being a crappy insert of A-roid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, if only Stusigpi was the Commish. But, I guess since I appointed him we will need to get a ruling from Dayf.

    The pack hangs in the balance. I just got 3 pts on pack 5. It sure would be a bad way for me to lose a pack on that piece of shit card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted my packs. It was pretty ugly. Not quite ugly enough maybe, but ugly none the less.

    I am the Yankee pulling master. I suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's almost 1 AM and I need to go to bed. I probably won't be able to get to the next packs until after work tomorrow around 4-5 PM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, if I'm going to be commish, I'm taking a cue from Kenesaw Mountain Landis and assuming absolute dictatorial powers for life.

    First order of business:
    David Wright is permanently banned from baseball for being a smarmy goober who stole Chipper Jones' Gold Glove in '07. All Wright cards -1 pts. Chipper Jones is restored the Gold Glove and gets +1 pts. Don't like it? shouldn't have made me Acting Commissioner for Life.

    Ok, a judgement on the matter at hand:
    A-Rod road to 500 cards are a complete waste of paper and foil and are an affront to all that is good and vintage. Awful, terrible, useless cards. My first instinct is -10 points, but having pulled many of these from retro packs I know the agony of seeing that shiny holofoil peeking out between the cardboard so I won't add to the pain with such a harsh verdict.

    A-Rod Road to 500 cards: -3 pts.

    I AM THE LAW

    ReplyDelete