Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Ultimate Orioles Hall of Fame Relic?

This is the first of the final 3 cards purchased during my seemingly endless celebratory eBay shopping spree. I waited for what felt like forever for this card to arrive, and yesterday it finally decided to show it's Hall of Fame faces. Many moons ago I saw this card featured on another card blog, but can't for the life of my remember which one it was. It features pieces of lumber from 3 Orioles Hall of Famers, Eddie Murray, Cal Ripken & Brooks Robinson. I don't think it gets much better than this, and I am going out on a limb to brand this the the ultimate O's Hall of Fame relic.

Another nice thing about it is that there's at least an attempt to be creative with how the relic material is presented. The few Flair cards I do own, are from 1994, you know, the ones that came packed in the little black box, and I haven't really checked out many of their efforts since, but this card is definitely done right. What do you think?

2003 Flair Bat Rack Classics

1 comment:

  1. I would like to find one like that again. Very Nice.

    ReplyDelete