Sunday, May 3, 2009

Booty From Finest Group Break

This is some of the loot from a 2009 Finest case break organized by I am Joe Collector. If you haven't checked out his blog, I recommend it highly. This was my first group break, and I purchased 2 slots, which ran me about the cost of a mini box. All in all, I am pretty pleased with the results, and would definitely join one of his breaks again. I ended up with a little more than a typical mini-box worth of "hits" and got my first red refractor ever, which is of Jason Motte, who was my fantasy closer for about 2 weeks. It didn't work out too well, but I'm sure it's nothing personal on Jason's part.


The next card I got in a trade from Steve K., but it's from the same group break. It's an Adam Jones blue refractor, and I am happy to add this card to my player collection. Adam has been ripping it up so far this year, and I think he has the potential to be Griffey-esque over the long haul, and look forward to watching him and Nick Markakis hold it down in the B-More OF.


Next up we have another one of those rookie patch auto cards. This one is of Mets pitcher Jonathon Niese. I was sort of on the fence about these manu-patch cards to begin with, and looking at this one I have to say that I don't like them. The autographs are tiny, and illegible, and this patch is mis-cut which causes it to fray a bit at the top and bottom. As expensive as this product is, you'd think Topps would make sure that the patch cards, which are supposed to provide value, would at least look nice. This one does not.


Along with these cards, I ended up with a Nate McClouth green refractor, a Chris Lambert (Highlander?) blue, 2 standard refractors, and about 20 or so base cards. Oh, I almost forgot, there was also another rookie redemption card included, this time #4, which has already been redeemed.

All cards except the Jones are for trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment