Saturday, December 12, 2009

Another Trade With Ryans Memorabilia

Last Sunday, when I attended the flea market, I was lucky enough to meet up with fellow Baltimore card blogger M. Ryan, of Ryans Memorabilia, for a little face to face meet-n-trade. Along with the cards featured below I received 2 bobbleheads, one of Adam Jones, the other of Cal Ripken, AND a stack of O's/Ravens cards that didn't make the scanner bed.

2007 Topps Chrome Dwayne Bowe
If you've been reading for any stretch of time now, you may already know that Dwayne Bowe is my boy. If you didn't know that already, now you do. He needs to be traded to the Ravens this coming off-season, and never get himself suspended again.


2009 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Adam Jones Sweet Swatch Memorabilia

Adam Jones memorabilia from Ryans Memorabilia. Mr. Jones is starting to show up in a lot of sets. Good for my player collection, bad for my wallet.


1982 Topps Baltimore Orioles Future Stars
A nice rookie card of some dude named Bob Bonner. He looks to be the Orioles shortstop of the future, but I'll have to look up his stats to see if that ever panned out. I've never heard of him, so I doubt it has. The guy on the right sort of looks like the scary dude from No Country For Old Men.


All in all a nice little trade, and thanks mainly to Ryans Memorabilia, my bobblehead collection is now up to 8, all of them unopened, all of them Orioles and/or Ravens. It was great to meet a fellow collector face to face, and make a trade the old fashioned way for a change. I've wanted that Ripken rookie card since I was seven, so it's a thrill to finally have one in my possession.

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, great blog. I've enjoyed reading your recent posts (just found you about a week ago through another persons blog). I'm a big Orioles autograph and game used card collector. Also a big Ripken collector (almost 3,300 different cards now). Here's the link to my site and bucket: http://bigslimdog.webs.com/ and http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u242/bigslimdog/ . Looking forward to your future posts and hopefully working out a trade in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty awesome with the Ripken Rookie. I just recently scored a Keith Hernandez Rookie that I've wanted since I was knee high to a grasshopper. That's a pretty good feeling to finally get that card that's been eluding you for years.

    ReplyDelete