Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Wish List Card #5


1887 Allen & Ginter's "Buffalo" Bill Cody

With Allen & Ginter's already being everywhere this month, I figured what better time than the present to feature an original 1887 as my latest "Wish List Card".

If you happened to have read THIS post, then you already know that I have a special place in my heart for Mr. Cody, and the town he founded, which I visited on a trip to Yellowstone a few years back. For some reason I don't remember seeing a copy of this card in his museum, but since it's technically his rookie card, it certainly seems to belong there.

I only know of a few people who are actually collecting this set (Dayf?) and it appears that even in poor condition these cards still seem to fetch a pretty penny on eBay. I realize this is most likely another of those cards that will permanently, and sadly remain on my wish list, and never actually make it into my collection.

It's a shame really, because this is a beautiful "O.G." A&G card. Not to mention that awesome handlebar mustache & goatee combo that The Buff is rockin'. That look, along with the sideburns that grow into the mustache really need to make a comeback one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment