Monday, November 9, 2009

Card from Hey, That's Mine!

A couple of weeks ago, Big D, from Hey, That's Mine!, and I got to talking about a trade. I had a Michael Young cabinet card that was pulled during Turk-Off 1, and it was taking up more space than I was willing to give it. Big D had some random O's cards, which was more than enough for me. He also mentioned that his son, Noble, was looking to start a Nick Markakis collection, and was wondering if I had some doubles that could be sent over. Let's just say they came to the right place. What's interesting, and ironic in an Alanis kind of way, is that they sent me the coolest Nick Markakis card released this year, and it was one I didn't already have. There were a bunch of cards in this package, including some Goodwin needs and more random O's, but I only scanned a select few.

On with the show!

2009 Topps Updates & Highlights Nick Markakis Propaganda Poster
This is obviously the coolest Markakis of '09 that I was referring to. Topps totally nailed it with this inert set. We need more of these, and less of Toppstown.


2009 Topps Ticket To Stardom Koju Uehara

You can't tell, but this is one of the one-per-pack deckled edge cards that are supposed to look like ticket stubs. It'll be interesting to see what the O's do w/ Uehara next season. He wasn't all that impressive in his short stint as a starter last season, and then got hurt. I'd like to see him as our closer, which is what he did in Japan. He apparently isn't too keen on moving to the bullpen. I hope the Birds are able to keep him around, since no one really got to see what he can do.



2009 Topps Ticket To Stardom Adam Jones
I didn't have this Jones yet either. His cards are harder to come by than Markakii. Markakis is in almost every release these days, and has plenty of autos. There are only a few Jones autos, and most of them are expensive. I guess the card companies still haven't picked up on the fact that he is a freaking stud, and if he continues to progress, could be a major star in this league. Both of the Jones autos in my collection were obtained in person. Still seeking that elusive first certified auto.


2004 Donruss World Series Brooks Robinson

A new Brooks card as well! Big D is totally crushing it so far with this trade. Brooks is sporting my second favorite Orioles hat & logo. That bird is so much cooler than the one they use now.


2001 Upper Deck Legends Eddie Murray

Another card I did not already have. This is a fairly occurrence rare these days, and it's no ones fault but my own. I do not have many want lists, and do a ton of trading, so doubles just happen. It's one of those things in life that you just have to deal with, like rush hour traffic and taxes.


Big D, I hope this trade was enough to make you stop choking children, and it sure was a pleasure trading with you and Noble. Your cards should have arrived already, and if not, will be there soon. I mailed them last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment