Thursday, November 12, 2009

2004 Topps Finest Box Break

Will most likely be posted tomorrow.

I will tell you this much right now. My box didn't contain anything otherworldly (or even this worldly) awesome, but it was still really exciting to open, mainly because I knew almost nothing about this particular vintage of Finest. Five years ago probably isn't old to some of you, but I wasn't even following baseball in 2004, let alone collecting cards. It was cool to bust a box from my "lost years" and a lot of names in this box look familiar, from past & present.

Oh, and I will tell you this too. Scans of Finest base cards never do them justice. Tis a pity, really. Read that last sentence over with a snooty British accent please. You don't have to do it out loud, but at least do it once or twice in your head.... Fine, but you just ruined the joke.

Is anyone else missing the commentary audio for the game on NFL Network?

3 comments:

  1. Consider yourself lucky that you don't have to listen to that poor excuse of an executive who absolutely ruined my football team Matt Millen work the NFL game tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the break. I never saw any of that either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why can't that happen during baseball games when Joe Morgan is announcing.

    ReplyDelete