Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ho Ho Holiday Contest Reminder


Hey dingleberries, don't forget that you've only got 18 more days.... 17 now I guess... to submit your entries for the first ever Ho Ho Holiday Contest brought to you sincerely by yours truly, the Wonderbeard. Motherscratcher called me that earlier, and it made me feel "Hobbs-ish" for a few brief moments. I want to thank him for that, and for being a formidable Turk-Off 2 opponent. So far it's still pretty close, with exactly half of each box posted. Motherscratcher holds a 1 pack lead, but in the overall points category he's getting destroyed at the moment.

Why am I talking about Turk-Offs? This is about the Ho Ho Holiday Contest people! All YOU have to do is design your best holiday themed custom card. There are other rules (only a few), which can be found HERE. You can only submit one card, and it must have a Fall/Winter holiday theme to it. That's pretty much about it. You can print them, you can send them as digital files, you can fax them to the Kinko's down the street. As long as it is in my hands, or my inbox, by 11:59PM (All US time zones.... and Canada too.... I guess) Sunday December 20th, 2009. No purchase necessary. For complete rules read this post by looking at it backwards in a mirror while standing on your head.

Here are just a few of the cards you could win:


This is only 10% of what I'll be awarding to the top 4 card designs. If 2 Hall of Fame relics and a sweet beard don't motivate you, I don't know what will. So far 2 entries have been received. A new one showed up in my mailbox today, but I haven't looked at it yet. If there were a favorite in this competition, it would most likely be this particular entrant. Let's see if that serves him/her well, or if it just ends up being a letdown.

3 comments:

  1. :( Can I draw one in crayon?

    Not a photoshop person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! You should do that Sooz, it could be awesome. I am going to let people vote for their favorites, but ultimately, I am the decider.

    Somehow it sounded better when Dubya said it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright I guess you talked me into it.

    ReplyDelete