Sunday, December 6, 2009

2008 Topps Chrome Football Retail Box Break Pt. 3- Refractor Maddness

These are all refractors of one flavor or another. For some reason these didn't scan particularly well. I think it's due to the black borders and whatnot. They look MUCH better in person, that's for sure.

Eli Manning refractor

Kellen Davis RC refractor

Keenan Burton RC refractor

Steve Smith refractor
Wow, this card sure is beautiful. I don't know much about football cards, but this has to be pretty darn close to perfection. Great action shot, great expression on Smith's face, and it's a refractor. The colors certainly don't hurt either.

Adrian Peterson Pro Bowl refractor
Speed racer himself.

Dan Connor RC copper refractor #'d /549

Carson Palmer refractor

Anquan Boldin refractor
Chad Henne RC refractor

Anthony Morelli RC xfractor

Greg Jennings xfractor

Marion Barber xfractor
Brian Urlacher xfractor

Bobby Engram xfractor

Cory Boyd RC xfractor

Brian Griese xfractor

Chevis Jackson RC blue refractor

Jermichael Finley RC blue refractor

Ryan Grant Playoffs blue refractor


Jeff Garcia blue refractor


Brett Favre Flight to 420 white refractor #'d /99
Hit of the box, for sure. Too bad it scanned like garbage.


Brett Favre Flight to 420 refractor #'d /149
Ooooh.... shiny.


So there you have it, one retail box of 2008 Topps Chrome Football busted for your viewig pleasure. I would once again like to Thank Joe V. for the great trade. I never expected to receive a wax box in trade, and that made it even more fun to bust. There were a ton of refractors in this box, and a ton of inserts as well. The stack of base cards is actually slightly smaller than the stack of refractors and inserts, which is great for me, since I was just looking for a good time, but I would imagine it would have been frustrating to someone actually trying to put this set together. As I mentioned earlier, all cards from this break are for trade, so let me know if you see something you like. For now, I'm off to the flea market to try and score some deals before the 1 o'clock games kick-off. The Ravens might not play till tomorrow night, but that doesn't mean I won't be watching.

2 comments:

  1. Thats a pretty good draw for any Penn State Fans out there - I think Morelli, Engram, and Connor are all PSU Alums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! One can never EVER have too many refractors. I am interested in any and all Bears if I ever get anything worthwhile to trade you for them.

    ReplyDelete