Friday, November 13, 2009

My Favorite On Card Autos

A response to Dinged Corners. Here are my favorite "on card" autographs in the ol' collection.

The first 3 are in no particular order.

2003 Topps Finest Brooks Robinson Finest Moments autograph
Apologies for such a small image. These are old scans (pre blog) and the resolution setting is a lot lower. Almost nothing looks better than sharpie on a refractor. Look at that, it's beautiful!


2001 Topps Finest Fusion Frank Robinson autograph

Once again, lo siento for the small scan. This is my only Frank Robinson auto, and it also happens to be on-card. Images do not do this card justice. It's much more stunning in person.


2007 Allen & Ginter Nick Markakis autograph
What list of top on-card autos would be complete without at least one A&G card? It's my favorite autograph, of my favorite player. It even comes in a pretty frame.


Honorable Mention:

2009 Allen & Ginter Burke Kenny red ink autograph

It's a red ink (novelty) auto. Nothing else need be said.


Sticker auto exemption:

At least it's a clear sticker. You probably can't even tell from the scan, but trust me, it's a sticker.


So, there you have it, a few of my absolute favorite autographs. While some of us (me included) believe all autos should be on-card, it is a reality that we are (sadly) VERY far away from. The good news is that there appears to be light at the end of the tunnel, and some companies are starting to realize that collectors don't want a piece of scotch tape that's been scribbled on and then stuck to a card.

1 comment: