Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Card Shop Pack Breaks

About a week or so ago I hit up the card shop in search of some wax to bust. There were some new products out that I hadn't yet seen in person, and the urge to open a pack of something had completely overtaken me. The final tally of what I picked up was 3 packs of '09 U&H (3 for $5 special), 1 pack of '09 Donruss Certified Football, 1 pack of '09 Philadelphia Football, and 1 pack of '09 SP Authentic. I also picked up a random card from dollar bin, which I will save for last.

I only scanned the hits, but if anyone is looking for any particular base cards, I'd be more than happy to see if it/they were pulled. You won't see any SP Authentic cards in this post, because my pack was full of total garbage. I did however manage to get pretty lucky with the rest of the packs, and ended up pulling some nice cards.

Let's start with some football... REAL football this time.

2009 Upper Deck Philadelphia Fabrics Vince Young
Part of me wished U.D. would have gone with Philadelphia Phabrics instead, but it might be a good thing that they didn't. V.Y. got a start yesterday, and managed to pick up the first victory of the season for the lowly Titans. Oh, how the mighty have fallen!


2009 Donruss Certified "Immortals" Eric Dickerson jersey
Even though he played there for 4 seasons, it's still weird to see Dickerson in a Colts uniform. He'll always be a Los Angeles Ram to me, just like Natrone Means will always be a San Diego Charger. Nice looking card, and I'm happy to have it. The rainbow mirror board bothers some people, but not me.


2009 Topps U&H Andrew Bailey Propaganda Poster
Man, I love these cards. Someone just traded me the Markakis, which is totally kick-ass. Maybe one of these days I'll actually get around to posting my trades, and you'll be able to see how awesome it is too. This card is already headed to The Mojo Hand, if he wants it.


I saved the best for last...

2009 Topps U&H Tommy Hanson "Career Quest" autograph
This was in the second to last pack that I opened, and I was already pretty happy with the 2 relics, especially since I only bought one pack of each football product. This is quite possibly the best auto in this entire release, and it's all mine! Mu-hu-hahaha! I have one small piece of advice to offer Mr. Hanson, and that is please work on your signature sir! That is about as illegible as it gets.


Only one more card left to show, and that is my impulse buy from the $1 bin. I'm not particularly fond of the player, but that's only because he disgraced the game. This card was too cool to pass up.

1994 Leaf Slideshow Barry Bonds insert
The scan does not even begin to do this card justice. If you've never seen one of these before, the image in the middle is actually a piece of slide film. In 1994 this had to have been considered downright revolutionary. Unfortunately, I had quit collecting the year before, and totally missed the boat on this one.


All cards are for trade, if anyone is interested. If the Hanson weren't a freaking sticker auto, I'd consider hanging on to it. If VOTC can market "Beckett Sucks" shirts, and people buy them, I wonder if people would buy "F*ck Sticker Autos" T-Shirts?

4 comments:

  1. First, and i may have mentioned it to you before during one of our chats, you're a bastard.
    Second, and it may be because of the scan, but that Dickerson swatch does not look like Colt blue. It looks like it's from a Ram jersey. Which would really not make sense. Which means it probably is from a Ram jersey knowing Donruss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the Vince Young card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is HOT! mine mine mine minemine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hrm. Methinks I need to scour my collection for more crazy Oriole autogamers. I gotta have something somewhere...

    ReplyDelete