Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lovin' In The Mailbox: Cards From Sac Bunt

Another trade package arrived last week, this time from fellow O's fan Mark of Sac Bunt fame. He was interested in a Tim Lincecum A&G relic I happened to pull, and had some A&G cards from my wantlist. I, in return had some A&G needs of his, and we topped it off with a Ginter auto, and some random Orioles.

First up is another card from the only mini subset I am collecting this year:

2009 Allen & Ginter's Legends of Myth & Terror Chupacabra
Chupacabras are awesome. It's a really close one for me, as to who I'd rather be proven as real. Sasquatch... or a Chupacabra. If anyone has any of these for trade, please hit me up, and let's talk about it.

2009 Allen & Ginter's AGA-RC Ryan Church autograph
This is pretty much what I got in exchange for the Lincecum. I don't care who's autograph it is, I love all Allen & Ginter autos equally.

2008 Bowman Nick Markakis
I did not have this card. Pretty awesome to get it unexpectedly. I had a refractor version of this card, just not the base.

2009 O-Pee-Chee Jim Johnson black border
This is the Orioles new closer. The past couple of seasons he was pretty much unhittable, as a setup guy, this season not so much... and now he's the closer. It could work out... couldn't it?

2001 Stadium Club Albert Belle
I think people send me cards of players I dislike on purpose. What can I really do about it? He's wearing an O's jersey. I've got to keep it based on that alone. I did love that Belle wore #88. He's like a backup tight end.

2001 Bowman Chrome Albert Belle
Chrome technology has come a loooonnnngggg way. This card is flimsy, and fairly unimpressive compared with today's chrome cards.

2001 Skybox eX Albert Belle
I don't care who's pictured on this card cause it's so freakin' cool. The background looks like the paintjob you'd see on an old Lincoln lowrider. All sparkly and whatnot.

2008 Upper Deck Goudey Jim Palmer red backed mini
Aside from Derek Jeter's face being on it, this card is perfect. Goudey was great in '07 & '08. The '09 version is so terrible by comparison. But that's just, like, my opinion. Man.

Mark, your cards are going in the mail tomorrow morning, so expect them soon. Thanks for the trade!

1 comment: