Thursday, August 27, 2009

Holy Prospect Lumber Batman!

I got the craziest package in the mail yesterday from Slette over at The Pettitte Pursuit. He emailed me a couple of weeks ago saying he "had something for me". I thought that sounded pretty ominous, so I did what anyone would do, and promptly emailed him my address.

When I opened the door yesterday, I found this, only wrapped in brown paper:

If you can't tell what that is, here's a better look:

Hmmm.... TriStar? Futures?
Holy crap it's an autographed bat! And since it was sent to me by a Yankees fan, it's probably an Oriole!

At this point I was pretty ecstatic, and very intrigued. Who could be inside? Nolan Reimold? Matt Wieters (ha!)? Brian Matusz?

Well... I opened the box, and saw this:
That is a bat, and what appears to be a nameplate. What's that you say? A closer look? Well that's a great idea!

SWEET! Arrieta is top 50 prospect, and should be with the O's next season, if all goes well. It was also signed the day before my birthday. This is quite possibly the greatest thing that anyone has ever sent me out of the blue. Could the blogosphere be any more awesome? Me thinks not!

What? The bat? Yeah, I guess we can have a look at that.
Yep, there it is. How about some close ups:
It's numbered 40/48!

Thanks a ton Slette! This is the first autographed bat I've owned, and it was an incredibly awesome thing to just up and send somebody for no reason. I will be sending you some stuff in return, so be on the lookout.

I gotta get something to display this bad boy...

9 comments:

  1. That's pretty sweet. Where the hell do you even get something like that?

    I hope this Jed Arrigeeta fella works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY SWEET! One day I will get packages like that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly awesome! I don't think I've ever even seen an autographed bat in person let alone one signed by a plyer from my favorite team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won it at the local card shop as a part of some grand opening giveaway... figured it would be in better hands if it went to an O's fan.

    Just trying to prove that all Yankee fans aren't bastards, one blogger at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty sweet wood. They have those at one of my local card shops. I don't know that they've sold any yet.

    @slette - I haven't had many good things to say about most Yankees fans. Convince me otherwise. Please.

    Again, the kindheartedness of bloggers. It warms my cockles.

    Gint-A-Cuffs reminder. Get to it, 'Cuffers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That things a weapon.

    A nice weapon.

    Mojo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely an awesome bat, the fact that it was a gift!! wow!

    BTW I have the same table cloth as you! Thanks Target

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Just trying to prove that all Yankee fans aren't bastards, one blogger at a time!"

    I absolutely love that comment. I'm a mets fan and I am proud to admit.....that we suck this year!

    Nice jesture slette! Good guys are around no matter what team they like!

    ReplyDelete