Sunday, July 5, 2009

Robinson & Robinson

Sounds like a decent law firm. Have you or a loved one been victimized by reader generosity?

I sure have. These are 2 cards that were sent to me by 2 different readers. The Brooks comes from Zach of Coolio Cards and the Frank is courtesy of Ron (NYBBNUT). Even though they are both cards acquired via trade, I still think it's generous of them to email me and offer up some cards.

2007 Upper Deck Legendary Cuts #LM-BR2 Legendary Materials Brooks Robinson dual jersey

I gotta say thank you to fellow Gint-A-Cuffs competitor Zach for this one. This is the second Oriole card of this design that I've got, the other being an Eddie Murray. The design of these is pretty nice, but the fact that not all 4 windows are filled in with material has always bothered me. We know it's pretty easy for card companies to get their grimy hands on "game used" material, so why not use it? Instead, they'd rather release 8.5 trillion parallel versions of this same design with the only difference between them being the amount of jersey used on each one. Aside from that, this is a great card of a great player. Zach sent me some other great Orioles cards too, including my first Goudey 4-in-1 cards. The Orioles Hall of Fame collection just keeps growing and growing. It appears to have a growing problem. Perhaps I should speak to my doctor about it.

2003 Fleer Fall Classic #LC/FR Legendary Collection Frank Robinson bat
I got this, and a bunch of other Orioles cards in a trade with NYBBNUT, who was interested in the Mantle SP that I pulled out of that random hobby pack of '06 Topps '52 Rookie Edition. The other cards were great too, but I am feeling too lazy tonight to actually scan and post them (ran 5 miles this afternoon). The only thing I can't figure out about this Robinson card is who the hell AL is? Maybe it's some sort of a nickname that no one knows about? That was a weak attempt at sarcasm. It's always difficult to get sarcasm across properly through writing or typing. In all seriousness, this is a great card of my favorite Robinson, and is another one for the Oriole Hall of Fame collection.

Thanks to both NYBBNUT and Zach for the great cards! Zach, your cards will be dropped in the mail tomorrow. I slept till 12 on the 4th and the post office ended up closing early.

No comments:

Post a Comment