If you're looking for a new post, that you saw on someone's blogroll, please scroll down.
People are starting to sign up. Below is the official list of participants, their favorite player (for the list) and favorite team.
Deadline to enter: Monday July 6th (before the release, so no one can open a box, and then decide to enter)
How to enter: Leave a comment on this post, stating that you are in, and name your favorite player and team.
How to achieve victory: Based on the scoring criteria below (still a work in progress), do the math and figure out how many points your box is worth. You must scan & post all cards that are worth positive points, as well as your total box score. Whoever gets the highest total box score is the Gint-A-Cuffs grand champion. We'll have to figure out a prize for the winner. I could probably make them a custom Ginter card, sort of like if you had "cracked the code" last year.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND RULES
Do the rules make sense to everyone? Does anyone have any questions about how this will be scored? Ginter is a HUGE set, so this is definitely more complicated than the Turk-Off was.
1. Beardy - Nick Markakis/Orioles
2. John (Sac Bunt) - Joe Mauer/Twins
3. Chris (Sac Bunt) - Brian Roberts/Orioles
4. Mark (Sac Bunt) - Tim Lincecum/Orioles
5. MdBirdFan (Ryan's Memorabilia) - Nick Markakis/Orioles
6. Zach (Coolio Cards) - Evan Longoria/Rays
7. Ryan (Card Cache) - Jay Bruce/Reds
8. Motherscratcher/Fatheritcher (Achiever Card Blog) - Grady Sizemore/Indians
9. Captain Canuck (Waxaholic) - Adam LaRoche/Braves
10. Drew (drewscards) - Derek Jeter/Yankees
11. Travis (PunkRockPaint) - Adrian Gonzalez/Padres
12. Loi (Boxopener) - Hanley Ramirez/Red Sox
13. FanofReds (Nachos Grande) - Joey Votto/Reds
14. Dayf (Cardboard Junkie) - Chipper Jones/Braves
15. gritz76 (Project '62) - Geovany Soto/Cubs
16. John (Old School Breaks) - Mariano Rivera/Yankees
17. Night Owl (Night Owl Cards) - Clayton Kershaw/Dodgers
18. Ben (Cardboard Icons) - Dustin Pedroia/Red Sox
19. thehamiltonian (The Hamiltonian) - Josh Hamilton/Toronto Blue Jays
20. whodidthewhatnow (Who Did The What Now?) - David Wright/Mets
If you see question marks next to your entry, I need more information. If you are on the non-confirmed list, and are definitely in, just say the word, and you'll be added. Once we know how many people are participating, the official "Favorite Players" list will be released. I am going to post the rules again, but please keep in mind they are a work in progress. Once again, any suggestions/revisions to the rules are welcome. This is a democracy, man.
Prepare for the one who's beard reigns supreme to be the last man standing once the Gint-A-Cuffs dust has finally settled.
Sign up people, the more the merrier! If you are interested, leave a comment on this post with your favorite player and team.
TTM Success - Jeff Shaw
16 hours ago