Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ryan Freel wants to be traded

Good riddance! He's like 1 for 50 at the plate this year as it is, and with Felix Pie already sucking it up in LF, we don't need a second sub-par player blocking our 2 top OF prospects, Nolan Reimold and Lou Montanez. Freel has been on the DL for the past couple of weeks after getting pegged in the head by a throw while stealing a base. He's apparently upset because he was asked to take a post-concussion medical test before being cleared to play, which he apparently failed.

Here's part of what he had to say:

Freel was asked if he wants to stay with the Orioles.

"I think change is good for people. I think the expectations were for me to come here and perform in a different way than I did. I don't think I met the expectations the way I did in spring training. There is nothing wrong with change. I don't think I fit here. I can't control what they do with me. It's putting a damper on my career."

The whole story can be seen here (courtesy of MASN)

Does anyone know much about this guy? I know he was a decent high-energy type player with the Reds, but honestly, he hasn't shown me much in his limited chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment